Kampala, March 22nd, 2018; Parliamentary Committee on Budget has rejected Government’s supplementary budget request of Shs61b (approximately $219,600) meant...
Sharing Citizens’ Biometric data from National ID with telecom companies is intended to seal a plot for mass surveillance,admin, , UW Statements, Mass Surveillance Uganda, National Identity card, Uganda communications commission, 0
Press release; Sharing Citizens’ Biometric data from National ID with telecom companies is intended to seal a plot for...
Press release; Enforcing SIM Card registration by Uganda’s regulator endangers citizens’ right to Anonymity, privacy and freedom of expression,...
Kampala, 18TH/July/2016, Unwanted witness Uganda has petitioned Uganda’s telecom regulator, Uganda communications commission (UCC) calling for an urgent investigation...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Stop Persecution of online journalists, says Unwanted Witness.
- Social Media Tax : Are Human Rights Winning?
- Attorney General given one-month ultimatum in the Anti- Computer Misuse Act Petition
- The state of Digital Rights in Uganda. Repression on the internet sprouted in 2018
- Uganda’s Mass Surveillance at odds with Human Rights Standards, says Unwanted Witness.
- Unwanted Witness Welcomes Parliament’s move to Pass the Data Protection and Privacy Bill, 2015.
- The Rise of Data Exploitation by Uganda’s Telecom Companies.