Kampala, 21/06/2018; Unwanted Witness Uganda is concerned about President Yoweri Museveni’s new surveillance plan without a comprehensive data protection...
UCC’s directives are illegal and do not cure the existing capacity and legal gaps in telecom regulation and data protectionadmin, , UW Statements, freedoms, privacy, right, Surveillance, telecoms, ucc, 0
Kampala, March 12th, 2018; Unwanted Witness Uganda condemns the illegal directives issued by Uganda Communication Commission (UCC) that are...
Modify the Data Protection & Privacy Bill, 2015 to make provision for an independent Data Protection Commission – Unwanted Witness Legal Analysis Report.admin, , UW Statements, Data Protection & Privacy Bill, Kampala Uganda, Sim Card Registration, Surveillance, 0
Kampala, 15th/12/2016; The Unwanted Witness and Cluster for Privacy in Uganda welcomes the development of the Data Protection Bill,...
By Daily Monitor In Summary Mr Wokulira Ssebaggala, the chief executive officer of Unwanted Witness-Uganda, a communication rights organization,...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Stop Persecution of online journalists, says Unwanted Witness.
- Social Media Tax : Are Human Rights Winning?
- Attorney General given one-month ultimatum in the Anti- Computer Misuse Act Petition
- The state of Digital Rights in Uganda. Repression on the internet sprouted in 2018
- Uganda’s Mass Surveillance at odds with Human Rights Standards, says Unwanted Witness.
- Unwanted Witness Welcomes Parliament’s move to Pass the Data Protection and Privacy Bill, 2015.
- The Rise of Data Exploitation by Uganda’s Telecom Companies.