INTRODUCTION The Ugandan government is one of the several countries in Africa, which has vocally sought to respond...
Kampala, March 27th, 2018; Uganda Communication Commission Executive Director Godfrey Mutabazi has issued fresh guidelines for SIM card acquisition...
Ugandan Parliament rejects Government’s Shs 61b Budget request to procure CCTV Cameras and Online registration System.admin, , News Alerts, Anti Terrorism act, cyber security, data, Internet Shutdowns Uganda, Kampala Uganda, Net Neutrality, Parliament, SIM Card Validation, ucc, Uganda communications commission, Uganda's Internet, Unwanted Witness, 0
Kampala, March 22nd, 2018; Parliamentary Committee on Budget has rejected Government’s supplementary budget request of Shs61b (approximately $219,600) meant...
UCC’s directives are illegal and do not cure the existing capacity and legal gaps in telecom regulation and data protectionadmin, , UW Statements, freedoms, privacy, right, Surveillance, telecoms, ucc, 0
Kampala, March 12th, 2018; Unwanted Witness Uganda condemns the illegal directives issued by Uganda Communication Commission (UCC) that are...
Unwanted Witness Condemns the Use of Mobile Phones to commit Crime and Calls for Dialogue among Stakeholders.admin, , UW Statements, crime, mobile, phones, SIM cards, ucc, 0
Unwanted Witness Condemns the Use of Mobile Phones to commit Crime and Calls for Dialogue among Stakeholders. Kampala, 1st/03/2018;...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Stop Persecution of online journalists, says Unwanted Witness.
- Social Media Tax : Are Human Rights Winning?
- Attorney General given one-month ultimatum in the Anti- Computer Misuse Act Petition
- The state of Digital Rights in Uganda. Repression on the internet sprouted in 2018
- Uganda’s Mass Surveillance at odds with Human Rights Standards, says Unwanted Witness.
- Unwanted Witness Welcomes Parliament’s move to Pass the Data Protection and Privacy Bill, 2015.
- The Rise of Data Exploitation by Uganda’s Telecom Companies.